This is our most favorite lasagna recipe EVER (and I’ve tried many).
– 1 lb extra lean ground beef
– 1 pkg (8 oz) cream cheese
– 1 cup 2% milkfat low fat cottage cheese
– 8 oz mozzarella cheese
– 1/2 c grated Parmesan cheese, divided
– 1 egg, beaten
– 24 oz of your favorite spaghetti sauce
– 14.5 oz can of diced tomatoes
-1/2 tsp dried oregano leaves
– 12 ready to bake lasagna noodles, the kind you don’t have to cook first!
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F
- Brown meat. Meanwhile combine the cream cheese, cottage cheese, 1 1/2 c mozzarella, 1/4 c parmesan, and egg until blended.
- Drain meat, return to skillet. Stir in pasta sauce, tomatoes, and oregano. Simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Spoon 1 cup meat sauce onto bottom of 13×9 inch baking dish; top with layers lasagna noodles, 1 c cheese mixture, and 1 c meat sauce. Repeat layers until you run out of space/ingredients. Top with mozzarella and parmesan cheese. Cover LOOSELY with aluminum foil.
- Bake 50 min or until heated through, uncovering after 50 minutes. Let stand for 10 minutes to cool and thicken before eating.